Sunday 4 November 2012

Touch down...

I have landed in Melbourne again (but only for 2 days) and to my great delight remembered that there was Sunday Sewing at the shop! A smaller than usual group today, but as you can see by the photos that follow, they are all very creative ladies. 


Olga has been working on some houses from a 'Blackbird Designs' book. 
These are two of nine large blocks of appliquéd houses.


Heather has been working on her 'Civil War Bride' quilt by Corlis Searcey. 
These birds will be ostrich's when they are finished.


One of our new members Elaine is also stitching a 'Blackbird Designs' pattern. Not sure which one unfortunately!


 Our other Heather was piecing this lovely little 'Brides Bouquet' block.


Mary is continuing on her 'Baltimore' quilt, not many more blocks to do now I think.


Ann has been stitching clamshells... they are coming along beautifully.


Bonnie placed a little bird on her appliqué quilt today, love the fussy cutting of this one.


Carlene is working on this lovely sampler... I didn't get the name of the pattern for this one.


And I did a little more to my Summer School project quilt and shared a few new books that I brought home from Houston, two lovely books by Laurie Simpson and Polly Minick. These two talented ladies design fabric for Moda and have written books featuring their fabric ranges. I was very lucky to meet them during Quilt Market last week.


I have unpacked my bags, done the washing and will be repacking again tomorrow as we are off to Adelaide for the Craft and Quilt show starting on Thursday 8th November. Don't forget to call past and say Hi if you are in town.

Until next time, 









1 comment:

  1. Each of these is more beautiful than the next!

    I posted about Mrs. Billings here.....

    http://minickandsimpson.blogspot.com/2012/11/mrs-billings-miss-marple-and-me.html

    ReplyDelete