Wednesday 10 April 2013

Merrimack...

Merrimack photo as promised, finished at last :) The templates should be arriving this week, the fabric is all but sorted and the pattern for month 1 is almost complete! Enrolment forms are available and I think we are ... ready to go ...! I hope you like it.


THEN...

What do you do when you have finished a quilt - you start (or finish) another of course! This group of Irish Chain blocks surround my appliqué centre that you may have seen on a previous post. I have had a wonderful day off today and spent most of my time piecing these blocks as well as sitting quietly in the sun (for a few minutes) appliquéing the last of the hexagons in place. Unfortunately I ran out of fabric with 4 blocks to go, drat, that means I will have to break my rules on this project and use some fabric from the shop; NOT just fabric that I have found on the dining room table or in my personal stash. Never mind I was very, very close to achieving my goal!


Even though I did have some quiet time today I mostly felt like this lady... I don't drink coffee but I do know how she feels! My downfall is black tea and when you are on a roll there is always more and more consumed. Luckily I didn't have to thread the sewing machine needle.



Until next time,



4 comments:

  1. Merrimack looks gorgeous, great border fabrics. Can't wait to see the Irish Chain quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is amazing.
    Great work.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt finish of Merrimack is just beautiful. Oh how I wish I lived in or could visit Australia, just so I could visit your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a beautiful quilt! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete