Thursday 27 December 2012

Back to Work!

The Christmas weekend is over and it is back to work for me... Sue and I have been cutting, cutting, cutting for what seems like weeks and now all thats left for the January Fabric Club is to finish folding this small (?) pile or two! Fabric Club sometimes seems like a never ending job, but, the finished packages are worth the effort. I know many of you enjoy receiving them, if you don't and you would like to find out more - click here.

The Friday girls had their Christmas break-up last week and I thought you might like to see some of their handiwork. Julie made these adorable little creatures for Chris. Yes we do do a few things in this group other than quilting.

In October I visited Houston quilt market where I met Barb Adams and Alma Allen from Blackbird Designs. I had a chat to these two lovely ladies and during our conversation I mentioned my very prolific group of Friday stitchers. Barb and Alma were intrigued and sent home a small 2 1/2" charm pack, one for each of them. They set themselves a challenge to see what they each could make.......

This is what they created from their own small packet of fabric and a little more from their stashes. I am very impressed and I hope Barb and Alma are too!

Now back to the folding....

Until next time, 









P.S. If you prefer dogs rather than cats - check out Lynette's Christmas pooch Hugo!

No comments:

Post a Comment