Monday 20 February 2012

Back to Reality

Travelling and sewing go hand in hand these days, for a long time I would find waiting at airports and flying a very peaceful time mostly spent on reading or sleeping....but now I spend most of my travelling time stitching projects that 'must be finished soon'. Luckily for me I had enough stars prepared before heading home from Eumundi earlier last week because my flight was delayed 2 hours and there is only so much shopping a girl can do at Maroochydore airport!


These are the little stars that I was piecing. They will be used in my next Block of the Month 'Robins Nest'

Waiting for me back at the shop when I landed were lots and lots of boxes of new fabrics. Sue had a wonderful time playing with them and sorting them onto the shelves ready for my return! This first range 'Bridgeport' is from Jo Morton. Lots of lovely reds, lighter browns and darker browns.

These interesting fabrics are from the IQSC (International Quilt Study Centre - Nebraska), and are named 'Delectable Mountains'.

And these gorgeous reds and greys are from the latest French General range of 'Rouenneries Deux'.

I must finish something before I start looking at these new beauties!!!


Until next time,


Karen
When in doubt, wear RED shoes!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lemoyne Stars! Love the Jo Morton fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by your new BOM Karen. I can't wait to see if in full. I may be very interested in signing up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stars look intersting. yummy new fabrics!... Helen F

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new fabrics look very yummy, especially Bridgeport, maybe they will be in fabric club?

    ReplyDelete